Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stupid Pigeons

On my way home from work today I passed a group of 6 pigeons hanging out on the sidewalk all huddled about eating something.  As I got closer I realized it was a McDonald's chicken sandwich.


Yeah, you read that correctly, the pigeons were eating a chicken sandwich.  Pigeons are apparently not smart enough to avoid pseudo-cannibalism.  I just kept waiting for one of them to fly away screaming, "Sidewalk sandwiches are people-I mean, birds!" but I don't think pigeons appreciate movie references of Charleton Heston.


Pigeons in the city are scavengers.  They will eat anything they can get their beaks on, including chicken apparently.  They have no shame.  They will pull food out of the garbage, off the street, out of anywhere they can find things.  There is a reason they are referred to as rats with wings, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment