Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Magic Show and Dessert

Tonight my husband and I went to see a show called The Quantum Eye.  It was an adorable show of magic, mathematics and mentalism at the St. Marks Theater.  We got called up on stage to do a trick with the magician Sam Eaton and I learned how to do a very cute trick (of course, I will not reveal his secrets!) and my husband got to be amazed for an hour and a half.  He loves magic shows, comedy shows, and anything else like that so it always makes me happy to be able to take him to that kind of thing.  The St. Marks Theater was a lovely, intimate place with a cute little bar that sold hot, buttered cider that was delicious!
After the show we decided to grab a bite to eat.  We had a gift certificate for a restaurant near Grand Central so we went there only to find that they have a dress code and since we forgot our swim fins we ended up going to the Junior's location at Grand Central instead.  Anyone who has been to Junior's will tell you about their amazing cheesecake, but for my money there is absolutely nothing better in this world than their chocolate/chocolate layer cake.  It is the best, tastiest, most delicious chocolate cake I've ever had in my life!  This is also the place that introduced me to the concept of the egg cream.  Being from the south I had never heard of an egg cream before, but after learning that there were no eggs in an egg cream I tasted one and quickly became a big fan!
For dinner I had their grilled cheese and bacon on challah bread and my husband had their brisket melt.  It was incredibly tasty!  Junior's is one of our favorite places for dinner/dessert and we try to take people who come to visit us there at least once during their trip.  Everybody loves Junior's!

No comments:

Post a Comment