Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well, shit...

We are so screwed.  My husband was laid off from his job last week and because he hadn't been there for 2 quarters yet he isn't eligible for unemployment.

This wouldn't be so bad except that our insurance costs are skyrocketing and after the baby is born our health insurance will take up 50% of my paycheck.  Rent takes up the other 50%, which means we have to dip into savings for food, electricity, and the like.  In addition to that bit of fabulousness, because my company is a small business of less than 50 people I'm not eligible for FMLA and my maternity leave will be unpaid.

We are working to find him a new job as fast as possible and in the meantime we will be finding alternative ways to make some money but this is going to be a difficult time for us.  Luckily there is a lot of free stuff to do in the city so we won't be without entertainment or more material for the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment