Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Reading

I pulled a book off of my shelf for the next selection of my summer reading.  It is The Cheap Bastard's Guide to New York City

Given our financial situation I thought it would be a good idea to start researching some of the cheap/free things to do in the area that I may have forgotten about or not considered before.  For instance, the book mentions how several late night and day time talk shows film in the city and that you can be a part of the audience for free.  Given that Labor Day is coming up and we are going to want something to occupy some of our time going to watch a taping of David Letterman could be fun!  It also mentions that often you can volunteer to be an usher for a big name show and get to see it for free that way.  While I don't have the time to do that (or the ability...being pregnant means no standing on my feet for 4 hours at a time!) it is an excellent idea for other people who might want to catch a Broadway show but don't have the funds for tickets.

And for honesty's sake let me explain the recent appearance of ads on the blog.  I am attempting to make a little bit of money this way to offset some of our income loss.  If you see an ad or an Amazon item that interests you please feel free to click the link and check it out, but by no means should you feel obligated to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment