Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane and Doughnuts

So we are staring down the barrel of hurricane Irene.  My father never calls me about anything and he called to tell me that we should expect a category 1 hurricane to hit the island on Sunday so I am taking this pretty seriously.  We stopped today after work and got some milk and cereal (and dog and cat food) to make sure that we would be prepared for any horrible weather and we put off buying theater tickets for this weekend until we have a better idea of what exactly to expect weather-wise.  After our earthquake experience this week I was hoping we could go for a while with no natural disasters but apparently that is not to be the case.  If you are on the east coast make sure you have plenty of toilet paper and food basics because the natural disasters seem intent on visiting us like broke relatives looking for a place to stay.

This past weekend we went out to an awesome place called Doughnut Plant in Chelsea. 


They make giant doughnuts the size of your head that come in awesome flavors!  We got a peanut butter and jelly doughnut, a coconut creme doughnut, and a Valrohna chocolate doughnut.  They were all so freaking tasty!  They were voted one of the top ten doughnut places in the nation so we had to go check it out and we are very glad we did. 

Also, I keep wanting to type donut but spell check insists that this is incorrect.  I feel like spell check is being prejudiced against what is typically an acceptable spelling.  Stop oppressing me, spell check!

No comments:

Post a Comment