Friday, April 15, 2011

Radio City Music Hall - Shine On

I'm back!  On Tuesday we had tickets to Shine On, the Good Housekeeping celebration of remarkable women at Radio City Music Hall.  It was amazing!  I had never been to RCMH before but it was gorgeous inside and much, much larger than I had anticipated.
The show was phenomenal!  I had no idea how star-studded the evening would end up being.  The staging was gorgeous as well.
We were constantly amazed at the presenters and performers.  The awards were given to Michelle Rhee, Christy Turlington Burns, Indra Nooyi, Elizabeth Blackburn, and the sOccket girls.  They were all incredibly deserving of the awards and the recognition.  My pictures didn't come out very well, but I will post them for you anyway.  Are you ready for the list of presenters?

First, there was the host of the evening, Rebecca Romijn.
 She introduced Eve for the first performance of the night!
Then she introduced Goldie Hawn to make the first presentation and introduce the next performer.
Then we got to hear a performance of I Hope You Dance by Leann Womack!

The next presenter was none other than Gweneth Paltrow!

The next presenter was Ali Larter of Final Destination fame.

Ali was followed by Alexis Bledel.
Alexis was followed by the hilarious comic duo Frangela.
The next presenter was Bridget Moynahan.
Fran Drescher was the next presenter!
The next presenter was my absolute favorite of the night!  My own personal idol, Meryl Streep!
After Meryl we got to see a performance of It's a Man's World by Trisha Yearwood.
Then we got to see a presentation by Heather Graham.
Then there was a tribute to two women we lost this year, Elizabeth Taylor and Geraldine Ferraro presented by Kathy Ireland.
Overall it was an incredible evening!  I've never been in the presence of so many amazing women before.  It makes me hope that our baby is a girl so she can have been exposed to all of these amazing women in utero.

No comments:

Post a Comment