Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Magnolia Bakery

Last night we went to a cabaret to see a friend of ours perform.  He did an awesome job but this post isn't about that.  It is about Magnolia Bakery.  It is one of the most delicious places in the whole city!  There is an argument among New Yorkers about which bakery is better, Magnolia Bakery or Crumbs, and I am firmly in the Magnolia camp.  Crumbs is excellent but it isn't as good as Magnolia Bakery!  Magnolia Bakery is like the Harlem Globetrotters and Crumbs is like the Bruins.  My husband disagrees and says Crumbs is superior but he is welcome to be wrong about that if he insists.  Most people in the country know of Magnolia Bakery from this episode of Sex and the City:
They are most famous for their cupcakes but they also sell slices of regular cake and other assorted baked goods.  I got a Whoopie Cookie, which is 2 sugar cookies with a maple cream cheese frosting filling in the middle.  Little Debbie wishes her oatmeal cream pies tasted half as good as a whoopie cookie!  It was the most fabulous cookie in the whole world.

I also got a double fudge brownie for today.  Normally that would be a lot of sugar but since I got pregnant my blood sugar has been dropping with an alarming regularity so I need to have sweets on hand to keep from getting dizzy and passing out.  I suppose if you have to have a medical problem during pregnancy having one with a delicious solution is the best kind!  I would like to send a big Thank You to the wonderful people at Magnolia Bakery for helping me stay healthy (okay, maybe healthy isn't the right word...perhaps I should say conscious instead) while pregnant.  This is the box we carried our dessert home in, but my thumb ended up in the picture somehow.  That is not a toe, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment