Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Doctors and Godiva

Today I had a doctors appointment at the New York Downtown Hospital.  It was a very long, very bad day.





They had to take blood.  I do not do needles.  I have a deep, intense fear of needles that is far worse than my fear of birds.  I would be a horrible CIA agent because all a counter agent would have to do is come at me with a syringe and I would scream and squeal and spill all my secrets.  I would make up totally fake secrets to keep them away from me.  I seriously cried and cried while my husband held me and stopped me from jumping out of the chair and running out of the door.  They took six vials of blood!  Okay, I know that is only about 4 oz. of blood, but it is still a ton of vials.  I was ticked off that after all of that they didn't give me a cookie and juice, so as a reward for letting someone violate my veins my wonderful husband took me to Godiva.

I love chocolate.  Chocolate is my vice.  I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs but I will attack a pint of chocolate ice cream like it has the ability to make you rich and attractive.  I love chocolate in a way that is a little bit frightening, so it was a fitting reward.  I got Godiva chocolate-covered Oreos and a couple of their truffles.  They are so tasty!  I still don't like that I had to give up precious bodily fluids to get it, but in the grand scheme of things I suppose the awesome of the chocolate cancels out the horrifyingness of the blood work.  Thanks for helping me get through my day, Godiva!

No comments:

Post a Comment