Monday, February 21, 2011

Zabar's

Yesterday we made a trip to Zabar's.  For those of you who aren't familiar, Zabar's is a fabulous Jewish shop on the upper west side.  They have a wonderful cheese section and olive bar as you walk into the store.  My husband loves their brie!  They have a magnificent bakery section where you can get breads, muffins, donuts, bagels, and most importantly rugelach, which is an amazing pastry that is a crescent roll with delicious filling.  I prefer the chocolate rugelach, but I prefer the chocolate version of pretty much everything so take that into account when considering anything I recommend.  They have a separate cake section where they have at least a dozen different cakes and tarts and other tasty things.  Then there is the fish section where you can get lox, salmon, white fish, caviar, and lots of other traditionally Jewish fish.  Across from the fish section you can get half a dozen different kinds of cream cheese and various free samples!  Then as though this isn't fabulous enough they have an entire upper floor full of kitchen appliances, bake ware, and other kitchen gadgetry.
The store is so popular that it is difficult to walk through!  The aisles are full of people and you have to squeeze by to get from section to section.  I don't know that I ever would have noticed the place if my husband hadn't introduced it to me so long ago.  Everything they sell is wonderful and actually have a section of our household budget set aside specifically for Zabar's.  If you are in the city go now and bask in the fabulousness!  If you are not in the city I highly recommend checking out their website and placing an order post haste!

No comments:

Post a Comment