Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kitties

I had a long talk with the cats and they told me that they feel we are paying too much attention to the dog and not enough attention to them.  I explained that the dog is just a baby and needs lots of attention right now but they would have none of it and insisted that I get out the camera and take pictures of them too.  I obliged to keep them from feeling all left out.  Here are the kitties:

They are cute and fuzzy and just as lovely as the puppy.  There, hopefully they feel better!

I got the grey cat when I lived in Texas and he came up north with me to the Big Apple.  He has never known anything other than living in my home and loves to follow me around and sleep in the bed with me.  The orange fella, however, is a New York native.  He was actually feral for part of his life and lived on the streets of the city, eating out of trash cans and such.  The woman I adopted him from who brought him in and put him through kitty rehab thinks he was abandoned by someone before she found him.  He is less snuggly and has more attitude (I suppose that could be because he is a native New Yorker as well, you never know) but he is lovely just the same.  After I adopted him I found out that she had him in a facility with other cats and several pot bellied pigs she was trying to adopt out as pets.  Seriously, pot bellied pigs!

The pup came from a breeder in MN and was shipped here before we adopted her.  If we had adopted her straight from the breeder we would not have let them dock her tail, but since it has been done already there isn't anything we can do about it except love her extra to make up for the unnecessary tail removal.  I am very excited for her because now she has finished her vaccinations and is almost done with her meds, which means that soon we can start taking her for walks!  She will love going for walks and the kitties will love having her out of the house for short bursts of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment