Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alice's Tea Cup and William Shatner

Yesterday we had a fabulous time!  We went to the Intrepid Museum and saw a ton of military history.  We got to see a film on the intrepid and check out the flight deck.  My husband rode a simulator and we got to see lots of places in the ship that I didn't even know existed!  After we spent the day touring the museum we waited in line for 2 hours to get seats for the screening of William Shatner's new documentary The Captians which is about all the people who played a captain on Star Trek at one point or another.  The documentary was okay and William Shatner was there for the screening (which was very cool) but the film itself was not great.  There were lots of funny moments but it didn't really capture my attention and they didn't provide seats but instead made you sit on the cement flight deck of the Intrepid.  Let me tell you, this was not at all comfortable especially for a pregnant woman.  I couldn't stay for the whole film because it hurt my body so badly to sit on the hard ground.  Also after hearing him address the crowd and seeing him in the movie I've determined that William Shatner is either the least self-aware person on the planet or a giant ass.  He seems really unaware of the way his presence and the things he says impact the people around him.

None of that stuff matters though because yesterday I found a new restaurant in the city that is so good it makes me want to pack up and move downtown to be closer to it.  It is called Alice's Tea Cup and it has the best scones I've ever eaten in my entire life.

The food here is absolutely amazing!  The staff was very friendly and the decor was precious but, really, you go out to eat because of the food, right?  This was probably the greatest brunch I've ever had and it was really, really delicious.  If you are coming to NYC for a vacation put Alice's Tea Cup at the top of your list.  If you live here and have never eaten at Alice's for the love of all that is good and holy in this world go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment