Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lunch at Shake Shack

Today my husband and I went and saw a show and grabbed a late lunch afterward.  The show was The Ride and it was a fun and amusing bus ride through the city.  The best part of the day was the trip to Shake Shack though.  For those of you who haven't been, Shake Shack is a burger and hot dog joint in Times Square.  I had heard it was good but I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we arrived.



Oh. Mah. Gawd.  It was fabulous!  Probably the best burger I've had in NYC.  And the desserts?  They have this thing that is frozen custard, jam, and a cinnamon doughnut all mixed together that is so good it makes you want to touch yourself inappropriately right in the middle of the restaurant.  That's right, it is a masturbatory dessert!  It has a creamy vanilla taste with a slight swirl of jam and then you get hit with a delicious wave of cinnamon before your flavor experience is over.  This was a dessert that could bring peace to the middle east.  It could bring democrats and republicans together.  It could make a nonbeliever discover faith in any number of gods.  I can't believe I had never eaten there before!  Seriously, if you ever come to NY go there and order a Jelly's Last Doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment