Thursday, August 23, 2012

Le Cirque

First of all, let me say how wonderful it is to be back! We had a heck of a few months this summer but we are officially back in NYC and loving every minute of it.

Restaurant week was not long ago and as a thank you for lots of impromptu babysitting I took my mother in law to Le Cirque for lunch one day. It was fabulous! The room we were in was beautifully decorated.

Take a look at the ceiling!




They also had a really neat wine cellar-type thing too.



I ordered the chicken with fingerling potatoes and it was amazing.
My mother in law ordered the salmon and said that it was great too.
And we got dessert too, of course! A chocolate lava cake sort of thing that was absolutely scrumptious.

The best part of the meal was the waitstaff. Wait, that came out wrong. The waitstaff were wonderful and not at all a part of the meal itself. They were gracious and kind and perfectly fine with the fact that we brought the baby to lunch with us. They never gave us the impression that they weren't happy about having an infant in one of the most famous restaurants in the city and they came by several times to talk to the baby and let her play with their jewelry and stuff to keep her happy. I couldn't have been more impressed with a restaurant than I was with Le Cirque.

No comments:

Post a Comment