Monday, December 19, 2011

The Philharmonic

Last night I went with a friend of mine to see Handel's Messiah at Avery Fisher Hall.  It was fabulous!  I consider myself very lucky that she had a spare ticket as they are so expensive that I wouldn't have been able to go otherwise and it was a wonderful performance.  The only bad part was that the Tenor became ill and his part of the show was cut after the first act, but frankly most of the people there were simply there to see one thing anyway so it wasn't the most terrible thing to have happen.  I ran out the door without my camera unfortunately but I did take a picture of the program when I got home!





I'm so glad that I got a chance to get out and do something "Christmas-y" this year.  With the baby at home we've been very busy and mostly home bound so we haven't had a chance to do the things you normally do in NYC during the holidays like seeing the tree at Rockefeller Center or the decorations at all the stores on 5th Ave.  We haven't even had snow yet this year except for one freak storm in October!  Usually I'm a big fan of this time of year but this year it seems like we are putting the holidays on pause and making up for it next year instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment